If Bollywood has SRK we have our own RBK; Raj Ballav Koirala. He started his career as a radio host before moving into music videos, modeling and acting. He first starred in Nepali feature film Parkhi Basen. On October 2008 he received the award for Best Debut Actor (Male) at the prestigious KTV Film Awards organized by the Nepal Film Technician Association. The multi-talented actor has worked on many other hits like Swor, Preeti ko Phool and Pal. Currently he is involved in the making of his new movie Apabad. The man with dreamy eyes and alluring smile has an extremely well sculpted physique but behind under the tough exterior he is sentimental and sweet. Koirala loves to write poetry.
1.If you had only 24 hours to live, what would you do?
I am scared of death so I would have lots of love and tears to give and would be tired throughout the day for I would want to do everything. I would probably have a mind jam so would land up not doing anything. But one thing is for sure, I would spend as much time as possible with my loved ones.
2. Besides your family, who has influenced your thinking most? Why, and in what way(s)?
My special someone because she is a female version of me. Sometimes our communication is almost intrapersonal.
3. Do you prefer a love marriage or an arranged marriage?
A love which is arranged.
4. Tell me something about yourself, which no one else knows?
There are a couple of things actually, every new experience brings out a new me and surprise myself. But hey! not many know that I can cook.
5. If you had to choose a new name for yourself, what would it be and why?
I think Raj Ballav Koirala is already a perfect one. When I am quite happy with this one, why look for an option right?
6. If you were a judge at Miss Nepal, what question would you ask the contestants? Why?
Love, hope or faith- which one do you want for yourself? I would just want to check how satisfied I would be with the answers.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
I am yet to know the world, so some place soaked with natural beauty, with water nearby, peaceful and blissful.
8. If you discovered a new island and made the mayor what is the first rule that you would implement?
It’s uncanny that I discover one but hey if I would than rule no. 1 would be- “there are no rule here”.
9. If the whole world were listening right now, what would you say to them?
I love you all – “love and light multiplied”
10. One morning if you wake up as Nikil Upreti, what would you do?
I would go and see if Nikil has become me.
11. How many cell phones have you lost till now?
12. How true are you to your zodiac?
As much as I am true to myself.
13. If an international chain or brand was opening its branch in Nepal which one would you want to see?
Disney World, because I love the child in me and I believe everybody does.
14. Would you ever do a nude stunt if your role required to? why
If I am utterly convenience, and if it is Hollywood may be…hold on I am still thinking…
15. If one song were to describe your life, what song would it be?
None has written a song for me because they don’t know my life but listening to “I hope you dance” makes me grounded and humble.
16. If you were a car which one would you are? why?
umm I do not know all the cars but may be, Mercedes Benz, for its tested reliability.
17. What has been your most scandalous status in Facebook?
I don’t remember any of such because I don’t believe in propagandas. n
Written by Mannat Shrestha on Living Magazine